Friday, November 9, 2012

How can First Responders get FREE Handsets and Handhelds for the Public Safety Broadband Network: it's in my model!


An interesting side affect of my Public Private Partnership model is its ability to pay for ALL the First Responders communication equipment. The model I presented to the NTIA in response to their public inquiry allocates 51% ownership with the State and FirstNet; the remaining 49% is open to private equity to invest in. How does this happen?

Example:

Conceptually if a State has:
·      20 Electric Cooperatives that cover the majority of rural areas
·      Average $5 million a year for broadband network service that fully covers all their service territory with hardened LTE Service.
·      Equates to $100 Million Annually just from the electric cooperatives
·      51% = $51 Million annually to the State
·      49% = $49 Million annually to the private equity players who pay for the statewide build out
·      The State’s/FirstNet’s $51 Million could be reinvested back into the network to help pay for all First Responder radios and communication gear
·      The $49 Million for private investment would allocate a percentage to fund the long-term operations by reinvesting portions of its revenue back into the broadband company for the State -- simultaneously paying its investors.
PS… nothing to stop some of the private State entities to invest as well.

This is just the electric cooperative; we haven’t started talking about
Transportation, Agriculture, Forestry, or the Investor Owned Utilities

What does the Electric Cooperatives Gain?


  •           The electric cooperative (which really could be any State entity that needs large-scale broadband access) can eliminate the need to build its own LTE broadband solution
  •           Can move to a solid-fixed, long-term, operational expense via an annual payment
  •           Can push off risk to the new broadband company for the State
  •           Can further improve that bottom line they can also offset existing communications assets by releasing them to the State PSBN effort, further reducing their OpEx annual payment
  •           Can re-capture the capital already spent on existing 3G and WiMax deployments by leasing those solutions as potential backhaul for the PSBN
  •           Can generate revenue by leasing tower and backhaul infrastructure to the State
  •           Can generate revenue by providing wholesale or direct rural broadband service on a priority-3 basis (allocated as part of the legislation)

No taxpayer money spent!

Just some guy and a blog….

No comments:

Moto

Words to Live By: “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… The ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” (Steve Jobs)